You are here
- Home >
- Directory >
- Natassia Brenkus
- Assistant Professor, Civil, Envir & Geod Eng
- Assistant Professor
211C Bolz Hall
2036 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Dr. Brenkus received her PhD in Civil Engineering from the University of Florida. Her recent work has focused on alternative corrosion protection systems to improve bridge performance and lengthen structure life, including a project to facilitate easier tendon maintenance and replacement using wax products in post-tensioned structures. This work has influenced Florida’s bridge design and construction practices.
- Prestressed and post-tensioned concrete design and long-term performance
- Structural durability and behavior
- Computational modeling
- Abdullah, A.B.M.; Rice, J.A.; Brenkus, N.R.; Hamilton, H.R., 2016, "Full-scale experimental investigation of wire breakage detection in deviated multi-strand tendon systems." Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring 6, no. 2, 217-235 - 217-235.
- "Fatigue Testing of Unbonded Tendons with Flexible Filler." 2018, Presented at Transportation Research Board,
- "Florida's Flexible Filler Experience." 2018, Presented at Louisiana Transportation Research Center Seminar,