Professional Programs - Master of Structural Engineering
NEW PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
Master of Structural Engineering
Designed for early career structural engineers as well as students pursuing technical and professional excellence.
Use the links below to view CEGE Professional Program admission requirements and general information from the Graduate School at The Ohio State University.
FACULTY DIRECTOR | MORE INFORMATION
To learn more about the Master of Structural Engineering professional program, please contact:
Dr. Anthony Massari
Master of Structural Engineering Faculty Director
Asssociate Professor of Practice
Prior to joining the faculty at The Ohio State University, Professor Anthony Massari, PE, LEED AP, earned his PhD in civil engineering from the California Institute of Technology and was a senior engineer at Thornton Tomasetti, working on stadium and high-rise building structures.
As a professor of practice in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering, his teaching interests are focused on bringing real world structural engineering concepts into the classroom and merging these ideas with rigorous engineering theory.
- Ph.D. - Civil Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2017
- M.S. - Applied Mechanics, California Institute of Technology, 2014
- M.S. - Structural Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
- B.S. - Civil and Environmental Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2007
Dr. Massari's research interests include:
- Tall Building Analysis
- Performance and Design Earthquake Engineering and Applications to Large Scale Systems
- High Performance Structures and Materials
- Resilient Infrastructure
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Non‐Destructive Evaluation of Structures using Accelerometers
- Smart City Networks for Rapid Emergency Response