Scheduling a visit during the 2016-2017 Academic Year
Future students and their families can schedule a visit to the College of Engineering as a part of the Ohio State University admissions process.
Incoming Class of 2017- We look forward to engaging with you in the fall. Please check back at the beginning of autumn semester for fall visit opportunities.
Incoming Class of 2018 - We look forward to hosting you in the spring. Please check back in December for spring visit opportunities.
Register for a campus visit on the Ohio State Campus Visit site and select an “Engineering Overview” session under "Specific Areas of Interest."
Questions? Please contact the Engineering Undergraduate Recruitment Team at email@example.com
(Please see information below regarding information on meeting with an advisor in Civil and Environmental Engineering).
Engineering Overview Only – one hour presentation that highlights the various engineering majors, curriculum, co-op/internship opportunities, and student involvement. This session is general engineering information and is for ALL prospective engineering students regardless of major interest. A copy of the Engineering Self-Guided Walking Tour can be picked up after the overview presentation. Occurs when engineering student ambassadors are not available to provide engineering tours (summer semester).
Engineering Overview & Tour – two hour program that includes a one hour presentation that highlights the various engineering majors, curriculum, co-op/internship opportunities, and student involvement. The second hour consists of a student led tour of the engineering block (student tour guide majors may vary based on student availability), does not include a residence hall. Offered during autumn and spring semesters for prospective, admitted and transfer students.
Engineering Overview & Tour for Admitted Students – same visit as the Engineering Overview & Tour (see above), but reserved for admitted students only. Occurs during spring semester.
- Engineering visits are not offered on the weekends, with the exception of specific events.
- Regularly scheduled engineering visits are not hosted on university holidays, breaks and during final exams. Visit http://registrar.osu.edu/staff/bigcal.asp to view the university calendar.
- Classroom observations are not offered.
- The College of Engineering Office of Undergraduate Recruitment is the primary source of information and visits for all engineering students (pre-orientation status) at Ohio State. Faculty and academic advisors play a large and very important role focusing on currently enrolled students. Meetings with academic advisors can be scheduled through the recruitment office, please call 614-292-2651.
Need help scheduling a visit online?
Please follow the steps below to sign up for an engineering visit:
- Go to campusvisit.osu.edu
- Determine whether you are a Prospective Freshman, Transfer Student of Admitted freshman and click on the link under the appropriate title. (Example: If you are a prospective student and are not yet admitted to OSU click on “Admissions Overview and Tour” under Prospective freshmen.)
- Begin the registration process.
- Review the visit calendar and click on a date(s) you are interested in to see the specific programs offered that day.
After reviewing each available session and their descriptions please click “Add” next to the session(s) you wish to attend that day. They will then be added to your visit itinerary at the bottom of the page. Please read the descriptions to make certain that you are signing up for the event that best fits your needs.
Note: The “Admissions Overview & Tour” does not cover engineering information. The Aviation/Airport Tour only discusses the Aviation Major, no other fields of engineering are included.
- Review your visit itinerary. After adding all of the desired sessions click “Continue registration”
- Finish the registration process by completing the form. An email confirmation will be sent to confirm your registration.
How can I meet with an Academic Advisor in Civil or Environmental Engineering?
The Academic Advising office has a variety of ways to meet with students or address their needs/concerns via email. Please visit the Academic Advising page for more information.
Please note: Academic Advisors are incredibly busy throughout the semester. They are always happy to meet with family and potential students, but that you please give a minimum of 5 business days notice when scheduling an appointment. This will help ensure advisors are available for you and your student.