Minors and GO ENGR
The Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic Engineering currently offers the following minor programs:
Surveying & Mapping
This minor program is designed for students within Civil Engineering who have a professional interest in land surveying and plan to take the FS exam upon completion of the minor. Download the surveying and mapping minor form here.
- In order to enroll in these minor courses, students must have completed Math 1172 or 2153 and Civil Engineering 2410.
- Students who wish to declare this minor should contact Barry Tolchin (email@example.com) or Mary Leist (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to register for the required courses.
This program is designed for students from across the University who have an interest in obtaining an introduction to issues such as sustainability, pollution prevention and environmental modeling. Download the environmental engineering minor form here.
- Engineering students must have credit for Math 1151 and Chemistry 1250 (or 1210 and 1220) prior to beginning the minor
- Non-Engineering students must have credit for Math 1151 and Chemistry 1220 prior to beginning the minor
- Once you have credit for these courses please contact Barry Tolchin (email@example.com) or Mary Leist (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss declaring the Environmental Engineering minor.
Global Option Engineering
Also known as "GO ENGR", Global Option Engineering is a curricular enrichment experience that can enhance your global competencies and better prepare you for the practice of enginering in a global environment. GO ENGR involves incorporating course selections with global perspectives and international experiences into your engineering degree program. Students plan an undergraduate engineering curriculum with elements related to international themes and global dimensions and do so without adding time to graduation.
For additional information on this and other international engineering programs, visit global.engineering.osu.edu/students.
For a comprehensive list of minors available at OSU, please visit: http://ascadvising.osu.edu/programs/minors/list
For a list of minors specific to Engineering, please visit: http://engineering.osu.edu/academics/minors