- Transfer Credit
- Undergraduate Academic Advising
- Forms and Handbook
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Honors and Undergraduate Research
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Internships & Co-Ops
- Global Option in Engineering (GO ENGR)
- Study Abroad
- Professional Engineer Exams (FE & PE)
Apply to Graduate
All graduation applications must be submitted online. If you change your term of graduation, you must inform your advisor and submit a new graduation application.
Preparing for Graduation and the Start of Your Career
During your senior year, you are preparing for the start of your professional life. Your academic record should reflect the skill and performance level you have achieved. A reasonable course load will allow you time to sit for professional exams, work, attend career fairs, go to interviews, plan visits, create distinction projects, seek references, apply to graduate school, and fully contribute in your capstone design courses as you continue to build your GPA. Please take your time and read the following information carefully.
STEP 1: PREPARE TO APPLY FOR GRADUATION
You will be required to submit a course projection for your final two semesters when you apply for graduation. As you contemplate course selections, we recommend you follow these instructions to help you plan appropriately.
Run a Degree Audit (DARS)
Students must first run a degree audit to determine their remaining course requirements. Degree requirements that are still missing will run red in the audit. Degree requirements that are complete will run green in the audit. Students can find information on how to run a degree audit here.
Review CEGE Course Offerings
- Documents found on our "Curriculum and Bingo Sheets" pages (including course projections worksheets) will help provide information on when you can anticipate future CEGE courses to be offered. While the Department tries to offer courses on their regular schedule, please note that listed semesters of offering are subject to change. Students are always encouraged to have back-up options in place.
Enroll in Courses for Your Second-To-Last Term
- Example: if you plan to graduate in Spring 2019, you should try to register for Autumn 2018 courses before you apply for graduation.
- If you schedule an appointment prior to your enrollment window opening (for your second-to-last-term), simply follow-up with Mary should your schedule change from what you discussed in your graduation appointment.
- The CEGE Advising Team encourages you to choose alternative courses prior to registration in case one or more of your planned courses conflict in time, become full, or is no longer offered. This proactive approach will help alleviate stress during registration.
STEP 2 - SUBMIT A GRADUATION APPLICATION
Graduation applications must be submitted online at least two (2) semesters prior to your anticipated graduation term.
|Graduation Term:||Application Deadline:|
|Autumn 2017||December 1, 2016|
August 1, 2017
May 1, 2017
December 1, 2017
- You will be required to submit a course projection for your final two semesters in the online application so please complete Step 1 before proceeding to the online application.
- Please note that changing the semester in which you plan to graduate will require the completion of a new application. As soon as you know your graduation term will be changing, please contact Mary Leist (email@example.com).
(Note: Minors program forms are only required for some minors (such as computer science, general business and foreign langauages). For students who are pursuing a minor, the minor must run green in your audit. If something is running incorrectly, please contact your minor program first. An email from minor program to your advisor can provide the information we need to adjust DARs if necessary).
STEP 3 - SCHEDULE YOUR MANDATORY ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Once you submit a graduation application, you will need to set up a 15-minute advising appointment with Mary to verify that all courses you intend to schedul for your final two semesters fo meet all requirements to graduate. Students who do not schedule an advising appointment with Mary will not be approved for graduation and will not be able to receive priority scheduling.
- Before the appointment, please check your Degree Audit for accuracy and notify your advisor regarding any concerns or questions.
- After the appointment, you will be awarded a graduating senior priority scheduling appointment for your final semester. Students who do not schedule an advising appointment with Mary will not be approved for graduation and will not be able to receive priority scheduling.
- Notes are always placed in OnCourse for students after their graduation appointment. This includes information regarding the students' last two terms of coursework. Students are responsible for scheduling the classes discussed in these notes, addressing any issues (such as course evaluations that need to be completed, minors that need to be confirmed as completed, courses that must be scheduled, etc.), and for communicating with their advisor is something is incorrect.
STEP 4 - MONITOR YOUR DEGREE AUDIT
It is YOUR responsibility to monitor your Degree Audit and check for accuracy. If your Degree Audit is not running green after you have enrolled in your last semester courses, you need to either adjust your schedule accordingly or contact an Academic Advisor.
- Please note that any curriculum updates or exceptions that have already been noted by the Advising Office will be posted during the last term of enrollment.
- Once a graduation application is approved, you must follow the plan indicated on your application. If you plan to deviate from your original plan, you must contact Mary Leist regarding the changes you plan to make to ensure that you are still fulfilling all graduation requirements. If you change courses but do not let an Academic Advisor know, there is no guarantee that your graduation term will not be affected.
STEP 5 - CHECK YOUR OSU EMAIL REGULARLY
Read the “Important Information re: Graduation” e-mail sent during your graduating semester. These e-mail will arrive from Jamie Paulson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Graduation Coordinator for the College of Engineering. The emails sent by Jamie contain important information and instructions regarding your commencement. Engineering students do not receive a hardcopy graduation booklet, only the informational e-mail from the College. You will be sent information to your OSU email which you will need to verify for accuracy. If you currently forward your OSU e-mail to a private account, you may not receive important e-mails regarding your graduation.
Other Important Items
By the 10th Friday of your graduation semester review the information on the OSU Commencement and the College of Engineering Graduation websites for detailed instructions pertaining to rehearsal and commencement. In particular, review the “Before Commencement” link and complete all instructions for the Graduating Class.If you have elected not to participate in the Commencement ceremony or are unable to attend, please submit a Commencement Ceremony Excused Form to the Jamie Paulson (email@example.com) at least three weeks prior to the Commencement date.
For more information regarding Commencement, speaker information or where the current semester's graduation ceremony will be held, visit commencement.osu.edu.