Application to Major
Please see below for changes that will effect the application to major for all students applying AU 2018 or later
Application Availability: Environmental Engineering Application to Major. Applications are due by the 3rd Friday of each term (excluding summer).
*Please note - meeting minimum qualifications will not guarantee admission to the major.
Application Deadline: The application for AU 2018 (for SP 2019 admission consideration) is due no later than Friday, September 7, 2018. If you missed our deadline for admission consideration, please look back at the end of the semester for information on upcoming applications.
- Late applications will not be accepted. If you are considering more than one major (or are unsure if you will be admitted to your first-choice major) you are advised to apply to all majors which you are considering. Please note, application to major deadlines vary by department.
- You should receive a confirmation email from Qualtrics (not the department) once your application has been submitted. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours (check your junk email folder), please resubmit a new application.
- Students will be notified via email of application to major decisions prior to their scheduling windows opening only if you are not currently enrolled in EPHR courses. Students enrolled in EPHR courses at the time of their application will be notified of an admission decision once grades are in for that term.
To apply you must have completed or be enrolled in the following courses (or equivalents): ENGR 1181 (or 1186 and 1887) and 1182 (or 1188); MATH 1151, 1172 (or Math 1151, 1152 and 2153 or 2162); PHYSICS 1250 (or 1260); CHEM 1210 and 1220; MECHENG 2040 (or MECHENG 2010 and 2020); ENGR 1100 (this course is not factored into your EPHR, but is required for entrance to major); ENGLISH 1110 (this course is not factored into your EPHR, but is required for entrance to major).
- You must be in good academic standing (a minimum of a 2.0 EPHR and a 2.0 cumulative GPA) in order to apply to the major.
- Students who have a 3.0 or higher EPHR will be guaranteed admission to the major.
- Students with below a 3.0 EPHR are not guaranteed admission. Students with below a 3.0 EPHR will have the opportunity to answer supplemental questions (available in the application to major) in order for their application to be reviewed for admission consideration.
- We do not accept or consider letters of recommendation with an application to major.
- Your pre-major has no impact on your admission to our majors.
- Once admitted to the major, students will then begin to take Civil and Environmental Engineering courses. Students are unable to take these courses until they are admitted to the major.
*We will consider transfer grades (for EPHR courses) only for students who are transferring 4 or more EPHR courses to OSU. For these students, we will manually calculate your EPHR to determine your eligibility for entrance to major.
Click https://advising.engineering.osu.edu/current-students/applying-your-major to begin your Application to Major for Civil Engineering.
CHANGES TO ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Students with below a 3.0 EPHR are not guaranteed admission. Effective AU 2018, students with below a 3.0 EPHR will have the opportunity to answer supplemental questions (available in the application to major) in order for their application to be reviewed for admission consideration.