Structural health monitoring
Professor Anthony Massari's research focuses on dense, seismic instrumentation in buildings and how the corresponding data is used to develop real-time information that is beneficial to end users (drift, performance criteria, etc.) for a single structure. In the future, this type of data can be combined from a multitude of structures to define characteristics of an entire cityscape.
His other research interests include:
- Tall Building Analysis, Performance and Design
- Earthquake Engineering and Applications to Large Scale Systems
- High Performance Structures and Materials
- Resilient Infrastructure
- Non‐Destructive Evaluation of Structures using Accelerometers
- Smart City Networks for Rapid Emergency Response
Dr. Massari combines his experiences as both a researcher and a practicing senior engineer as an Assistant Professor of Practice in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering.