Geospatial Data Analytics (GDA) Group
Geospatial Data Analytics (GDA), located in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering (CEGE), addresses problems related to geospatial data acquisition and analytics. The group's research, led by Professor Rongjun Qin, will be under the general background of Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry and Computer Vision, with focuses spanning from the fundamental geospatial data processing, remote sensing analytics and geospatial data management towards relevant civil, environmental applications. In particular, they will be interested in:The
- Mathematical modeling of the sensory geometry and multiple sensory data alignment in various platforms (UAV, Satellite, Airborne data).
- Efficient Large-scale dense image matching using satellite images and frame cameras.
- Environmental monitoring and disaster responses.
- 3D city and landscape modeling, geographic information system.
- Information retrieval using multi-dimensional data (spatial, spectral and depth), 2D/3D scene classification, vision-based understanding and time-series data analysis.
- Identifying motivating applications in many fields that require accurate geometric and contextual geospatial information and developing efficient computational approaches for bridging the gaps for interdisciplinary research.