- Asst Professor of Practice, Civil, Envir & Geod Eng
- Asst Professor of Practice
491C Hitchcock Hall
2070 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Prior to joining the faculty at The Ohio State University, Professor Anthony Massari, PE, LEED AP, earned his PhD in civil engineering from the California Institute of Technology and was a senior engineer at Thornton Tomasetti, working on stadium and high-rise building structures. As a professor of practice in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering, his teaching interests are focused on bringing real world structural engineering concepts into the classroom and merging these ideas with rigorous engineering theory.
- Ph.D. - Civil Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2017
- M.S. - Applied Mechanics, California Institute of Technology, 2014
- M.S. - Structural Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
- B.S. - Civil and Environmental Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2007
- Tall Building Analysis, Performance and Design
- Earthquake Engineering and Applications to Large Scale Systems
- High Performance Structures and Materials
- Resilient Infrastructure
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Non‐Destructive Evaluation of Structures using Accelerometers
- Smart City Networks for Rapid Emergency Response
Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Travel Grant Recipient.
Housner Fellowship Recipient, California Institute of Technology.
Distinguished Young Alumni, New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, University of California, Berkeley.
Saul K. Fenster Innovation in Design Award, New Jersey Institute of Technology.
- Kohler, M.D.; Massari, A.; Heaton, T.H.; Kanamori, H. et al., 2016, "Downtown Los Angeles 52-Story High-Rise and Free-Field Response to an Oil Refinery Explosion." Earthquake Spectra 32, no. 3, 1793-1820 - 1793-1820.
- Massari, A.T., "Parametric Estimation of Dispersive Viscoelastic Layered Media with Application to Structural Health Monitoring." International Journal of Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering