You are here
- Home >
- Directory >
- Anthony Massari
- Asst Professor of Practice, Civil, Envir & Geod Eng
- Asst Professor of Practice
491C Hitchcock Hall
2070 Neil Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
Prior to joining the faculty at The Ohio State University, Professor Anthony Massari, PE, LEED AP, earned his PhD in civil engineering from the California Institute of Technology and was a senior engineer at Thornton Tomasetti, working on stadium and high-rise building structures. As a professor of practice in the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering, his teaching interests are focused on bringing real world structural engineering concepts into the classroom and merging these ideas with rigorous engineering theory.
- Ph.D. - Civil Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 2017
- M.S. - Applied Mechanics, California Institute of Technology, 2014
- M.S. - Structural Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
- B.S. - Civil and Environmental Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2007
- Tall Building Analysis, Performance and Design
- Earthquake Engineering and Applications to Large Scale Systems
- High Performance Structures and Materials
- Resilient Infrastructure
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Non‐Destructive Evaluation of Structures using Accelerometers
- Smart City Networks for Rapid Emergency Response
George Housner Fellowship.
Distinguished Young Alumni.
Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor.
Saul K. Fenster Innovation in Design Award.
Outstanding Senior Award.
Popov Innovation in Engineering Award.
Earthquake Engineering Research Institute Travel Grant Recipient.
Housner Fellowship Recipient, California Institute of Technology.
Distinguished Young Alumni, New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, University of California, Berkeley.
Saul K. Fenster Innovation in Design Award, New Jersey Institute of Technology.
2019 Student Organization Excellence Award: Excellence in Operations.
- Massari, A.T.; Kohler, M.; Clayton, R., 2018, "Damage Detection by Template‐Matching of Scattered Waves." Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 108, 2556-2564 - 2556-2564.
- Kohler, M.; Allam, A.; Massari, A.; Lin, F-C., 2018, "Detection of Building Damage using Helmholtz Tomography." Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 2565-2579 - 2565-2579.
- Kohler, M.D.; Massari, A.; Heaton, T.H.; Kanamori, H. et al., 2016, "Downtown Los Angeles 52-Story High-Rise and Free-Field Response to an Oil Refinery Explosion." Earthquake Spectra 32, no. 3, 1793-1820 - 1793-1820.
- Ebrahmian, H.; Kohler, M.; Massari, A.T.; Asimaki, D., "Parametric Estimation of Dispersive Viscoelastic Layered Media with Application to Structural Health Monitoring." International Journal of Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- Massari, A.T.; Abdelbarr, M.; Kohler, M.; Masri, S., "Decomposition Approach for Damage Detection, Localization, and Quantification for a 52-Story Building in Downtown Los Angeles." the Journal of Engineering Mechanics
Papers in Proceedings
- Massari, A. "Sliding of Nonstructural Components and their Effect on Seismic Response of Structures." in Anthony Massari. (6 2019).
- Abdelbarr, M.; Massari, A.; Kohler, M.; Masri, S. "Application of a Sub-Structuring Approach for Enhanced Change Detection, Localization, and Quantification in a 52-Story Building Model." in Engineering Mechanics Institute. (6 2019).
- Ebrahimian, H.; Kohler, M.; Massari, A.; Asimaki, D. "Parametric Estimation of Wave Dispersion for System Identification of Building Structures." in International Conference on Experimental Vibration Analysis for Civil Engineering Structures. (1 2018).
- Kohler, M.; Guy, R.; Bunn, J.; Massari, A. et al. "Community Seismic Network and Localized Earthquake Situational Awareness." in Eleventh U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering. (6 2018).
- Massari, A.; Kohler, M.; Clayton, R.; Guy, R. et al. Dense Building Instrumentation Application for City-Wide Structural Health Monitoring. in World Conference of Earthquake Engineering. https://authors.library.caltech.edu/73802/, (7 2017).
- Ebrahimian, H.; Kohelr, M.; Massari, A.; Asimaki, D. "System Identification of Building Structures through Seismic Waveform Inversion." in IMAC-XXXV Conference & Exposition on Structural Dynamics 2017. (1 2017).