*Graduation calendar provided at the bottom of this page
If you are planning to graduate with a Master's or Doctoral degree in Civil Engineering, you must do the following:
- You must be in good academic standing with a graduate cumulative point-hour ratio of at least a 3.0
- Enroll for at least three graduate credit hours during the term in which graduation is expected.
- Note: GA's and Fellows must still register for the minimum number of hours required to maintain their appointment.
- Submit an Application to Graduate via http://gradforms.osu.edu no later than the first Friday of the semester in which graduation is expected.
- MS-Thesis and PhD students must submit their Defense information at least two weeks before your oral defense.
- Return ALL keys (lab, building, etc.) to Jay Hunter in Bolz Hall 241 BEFORE you leave campus.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind the semester you graduate:
- Check the Graduate School Graduation Calendar for the deadlines by which you must defend and present your thesis/dissertation in order to graduate in the current semester.
- When you are writing your Dissertation or Thesis, make sure to refer to the Graduate School's guidelines for those documents. Those guidelines can be found at http://gradsch.osu.edu/completing-your-degree/dissertations-theses.
- Remind your instructors that you are graduating, even if you are only registered for research hours! Final grades for all previous and current courses are due by noon on the Friday of Finals week.
|Applications to Graduate Due(1)||Examinations and Reports completed by (2)||Approved thesis and dissertation submitted and accepted by (3)||Commencement (4)||End-of-Semester Deadline (5)|
|Autumn 2017||Friday, September 8, 2017||Wednesday, November 22, 2017||Friday, December 1, 2017||Sunday, December 17, 2017||Friday, January 5, 2018|
|Spring 2018||Friday, January 26, 2018||Friday, April 13, 2018||Friday, April 20, 2017||Sunday, May 6, 2017||Tuesday, May 8, 2018|
|Summer 2018||Sunday, August 4, 2018|
|Autumn 2018||Sunday, December 16, 2018|
Applications to graduate include current semester of end-of-semester deadline. Applications must be received by close of business.
Doctoral degree candidates must submit a complete paper dissertation draft to the Graduate School, and the Application for Final Examination must be approved by all committee members at least two weeks prior to the defense date.
Approved documents must be submitted via OhioLINK and accepted by the Graduate School by the close of business before the Report on Final Document will be processes.
Students not attending commencement must complete the commencement section on the Application to Graduate to indicate how their diploma should be disbursed.
A degree applicant who does not meet published graduation deadlines, but who does complete all degree requirements by the last business day prior to the first day of classes for the following semester or summer term will graduate the following semester or summer term without registering or paying fees.