Undergraduate admission to The Ohio State University
Students may apply for undergraduate admission to The Ohio State University through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Students who have been admitted to the University and meet the academic standards for enrollment in the College of Engineering are admitted as pre-Civil or pre-Environmental Engineering majors. The Department does not determine admission to the University nor are students admitted directly into the Civil or Environmental Engineering major with acceptance to the University.
Please DO NOT send transcripts to the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic Engineering.
Official transcripts should be sent for evaluation to:
Enrollment for transfer students in the College of Engineering is competitive. For students transferring from another institution of higher education:
- If you have fewer than 30 semester credit hours, you will be considered under the criteria for new students in Engineering as described in the previous sections.
- If you have more than 30 semester credit hours and a GPA at your previous institution of 3.0 or higher, and have completed college level calculus you will be directly enrolled as a pre-major in the program of your choice. You may not enter as an undeclared pre-major.
- If you have more than 30 semester credit hours but do not meet the 3.0 GPA, you will be enrolled in Science and Technology Exploration.
The most current University admission information and criteria for transfer students is available at: undergrad.osu.edu/admissions/transfer.
International transfer students should also visit undergrad.osu.edu/admissions/international.
Internal transition from another Ohio State college or regional campus
Current Ohio State students on the Columbus campus must meet these requirements for admission into the College of Engineering pre-major program:
- 2.5 OSU GPA
- C- or higher in Math 1151
- Credit for one of the following courses: Chemistry 1210 , Chemistry 1250, Physics 1250, Biology 2100
Students enrolled in the College of Engineering who start on the regional campus must meet the campus change requirement before starting on the Columbus campus.
Students who meet the admission criteria and wish to enroll in the College of Engineering should contact an academic advisor in their program of interest.
How can I meet with an Academic Advisor in Civil or Environmental Engineering?
The Academic Advising office has a variety of ways to meet with students or address their needs/concerns via email. Please visit the Academic Advising page for more information.
Please note: Academic Advisors are incredibly busy throughout the semester. They are always happy to meet with family and potential students, but that you please give a minimum of 3 business days notice when scheduling an appointment. This will help ensure advisors are available for you and your student.