Structural and Materials Engineering
Members of Ohio State's structural and materials engineering faculty are focused in several research areas, including:
- CAE, smart bridges and structures, large-scale numerical
- Static/dynamic characterization of composite materials
- Analytical modeling and experimental evaluation of reinforced concrete structures, seismic loading, evaluation/retrofit methods
- Performance enhancement of complex systems and critical infrastructures against extreme hazard scenarios
- Soil mechanics modeling, beneficial use of coal fly ash
CEGE Structural and Materials Engineering Research
Prestressed and post-tensioned concrete design and long-term performance | Natassia Brenkus
Application of probabilistic methods for performance and damage assessment of structural and nonstructural components | Jieun Hur
Tall building analysis, performance and design / high performance structures and materials | Anthony Massari
Seismic site response and compression / slope instability and the stabilization of slopes using drilled shafts / numerical modeling for static and dynamic response | Daniel Pradel
The Ohio State University Civil Engineering program is seeking highly motivated Master’s and Doctoral students to conduct graduate research across a range of disciplines.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CEGE GRADUATE PROGRAMS.