Statement of Intent
Your statement of intent should be no more than two pages in length, in Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri font, size 10 or 12 font and it should address the following topics:
- Why do you want to go to grad school?
- Why are you qualified to go to grad school?
- Include previous research experience, project teams you've been associated with, jobs you've held, year-long capstone work, other class work, etc.
- What do you want to do in grad school?
- Identify faculty members with whom you would possibly like to work with in your graduate studies.
- What is the reason you want to pursue a graduate degree? What do you want to do after grad school?
- Do not include "fluff" or filler. You should focus on why you are qualified and what you want to do in graduate school.
- Include a header in your document with your name and what document you are submitting (ex. Statement of Intent) and page numbers if it is more than 1 page.