Resources and Support
CEGSP students can access resources and support in many areas. In addition to the resources below, The Ohio State University provides a wealth of services to support graduate students in and out of the classroom. Please consult Ohio State's Current Students page for a comprehensive list of student support services.
Academic Resources and Support
- CEGSP Handbook & Department Forms -- Resources regarding program-specific policies and requirements, as well as registration and graduation can be found here.
- The Graduate School -- In addition to providing academic information, the Graduate School site offers news about professional development, diversity initiatives, and upcoming events.
- Council of Graduate Students -- Council of Graduate Students (CGS) is the official branch of student government that represents every graduate student at the main and satellite campuses. The CGS website include information about ways to become engaged, the Hayes Research Forum, and various funding opportunities.
Graduate and Professional School Survival Skills Workshop -- A live workshop takes place the first week of classes in Autumn semester, but a Resource Guide, Strategies for Success (presentation slides), and a recording of the opening session are available here.
Career Services and Professional Development
- Engineering Career Services (ECS) -- ECS assists engineering students with co-ops and internship opportunities, job searches, resume writing, interviewing, and other professional preparation. ECS also hosts career fairs and workshops on a variety of topics, from building a strong, Linkedin profile to negotiating salary and benefits with a potential employer.
- Career Counseling and Support Services
- Disability Services
- Student Advocacy Center
- Multicultural Center
- Ohio Union Activities Board (OUAB)
- OUAB Grad/Prof - Graduate & Professional Programming
- Off-Campus Housing
- Off-Campus Living Guide (pdf)
- Prayer, Reflection, and Medication Space -- We recognize that prayer, faith and quiet time is important for our faculty, staff, and students. Designated spaces are available on campus: Quiet Room at Knowlton Hall, Wellness Room at 18th Avenue Library, Space at the Ohio Union, Space in Arps Hall.
- Engineering Technology Services -- Get technical assistance, find software, connect to College of Engineering computing resources, learn about Follow Me Printing, and more!
- my.osu.edu -- Manage your Ohio State digital identity (username, password, email delivery, etc.)
- Ohio State OCIO