Graduate Student Travel Scholarships
Each year, the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering provides travel scholarships to support graduate students presenting their research at professional conferences in their area of specialty. These funds come through departmental accounts, including the Bedford Scholarship Fund.
For the 2020 - 2021 academic year, it is expected there will be twelve $500 awards distributed evenly across the four funding periods outlined below (three awards each period).
- The nominee must be a current graduate student, in good standing, in a Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic Engineering graduate degree program at the time of the conference.
- The nominee must be attending the conference to present their own work.
- The advisor/faculty sponsor is expected to cover any remaining registration and travel expenses from their own research or departmental accounts
2020 - 2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
Funding Period #1 - applications now being accepted
Application deadline: May 1, 2020
Activity dates: July 1, 2020 - September 30, 2020
Funding Period #2
Application deadline: August 1, 2020
Activity dates: October 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020
Funding Period #3
Application deadline: November 1, 2020
Activity dates: January 1, 2021- March 31, 2021
Funding Period #4
Application deadline: February 1, 2021
Activity dates: April 1, 2021 - June 30, 2021
- Applications (including the faculty support questionnaire) are due by 11:59 PM on the deadline day.
- Applications requesting support for conferences with dates that span two funding periods can be submitted in one of the two applicable funding periods. For example, for a conference with dates of March 31 to April 3, a student may submit an application in Funding Period #3 or #4 (but not both.)
- Absolutely NO applications will be accepted after the application deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Applicants will be notified of a decision within 2 weeks after the funding period deadline. Please do not e-mail to inquire about results before this.