Forms and Handbook

Department Forms

The Civil Engineering program handbook is currently being revised. Students may consult the Graduate School Handbook for university rules and should check with their advisor or the Graduate Program Chair, Dr. Kubatko ( for program specific rules.


Registrar and Graduate School Forms 

  • Course Enrollment Permission Form
    • Used when pursuing enrollment in a class for which you need general instructor permission, to waive requisite coursework, to register beyond the online registration date, etc.
    • In lieu of the signed form, the Graduate School will accept an instructor's email.To use this method, forward the following information to the Graduate School's Registration Services inbox (
      1. Your instructor's email response
      2. Your Ohio State username (name.#)
      3. Semester or term and year of course (i.e., SP 2019)
      4. Course Department
      5. Course number (i.e., CIVILEN 5130)
      6. Class number (i.e., 6472)
      7. Number of credit hours
  • Reactivation Form
    • Used by the Graduate School for permission to reactivate enrollment eligibility. Students who have not enrolled for two calendar years must have their reactivation approved by the Graduate Studies Committee chair.
    • Graduate students can do the following via GRADFORMS:
      • Submit a late course petition
      • Apply to graduate
      • Apply for candidacy (PhD students ONLY)
      • Apply for the final exam (PhD students ONLY)
      • Submit a committee and examination petition
      • Delay their final document
      • Submit a dual degree plan
      • Transfer to another graduate program
      • Transfer graduate credit