CEGSP Graduate Student Resources
CEGSP students can access resources and support in many areas. In addition to the resources below, The Ohio State University provides a wealth of services to support graduate students in and out of the classroom. Please consult Ohio State's Current Students page for a comprehensive list of student support services.
COVID Safety - https://safeandhealthy.osu.edu/
- Please make sure to complete the Daily Health Check via compass.osu.edu each and every day BEFORE you come to campus.
- OSU COVID Testing and Tracing - https://safeandhealthy.osu.edu/tracing-isolation-quarantine
- Office of Disability Services COVID-Related Accommodations - https://slds.osu.edu/covid-19-info/covid-related-accommodation-requests/
- CARES funding: Students may apply here: https://sfa.osu.edu/contact-us/consumer-disclosure/COVD-19-aid.
- Buckeye Food Alliance (Food Pantry)- https://www.buckeyefoodalliance.org/pantry; Lincoln Tower, Suite 150, 1800 Cannon Drive, Columbus, OH, 43210; (614) 688-2508. Anyone with a BuckID can use the pantry. For security purposes, the doors lock during pantry hours. Call when you arrive and a volunteer will let you in.
Space and Technology Resources
- CEGE Department Operations: Graduate offices and common study places will not be available in Spring 2021 and faculty/GTA Office Hours will be remote. Students who have a specific need to use their previously assigned offices or the newly renovated 4th floor Bolz space should submit this exception request for review at least 48 hours ahead of the need for access.
- Drop-in Classroom Space - There are available classroom spaces for students to use as “drop-in” study spaces. For a list of all of the “drop-in” classrooms that will be available for students to use throughout campus for Spring 2021, please see: https://odee.osu.edu/spaces/classrooms/drop-spaces
- Follow Me Printing program, https://ets.osu.edu/academic-lab-printing, is available for all Engineering students that enables printing from computers, mobile devices, and tablets to printers located across the campus.
- Virtual Helpdesk - ETS launched a virtual helpdesk, go.osu.edu/etsvirtualhelpdesk for you to connect with an ETS team member for assistance (Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm). You may also submit a request, https://go.osu.edu/etshelp or call, (614) 688-2828 or email us, firstname.lastname@example.org to get support.
- Software Applications - Software access has been expanded, https://ets.osu.edu/software-and-access. Faculty and students have several methods for obtaining these resources:
- Self-Service Download and Installation
- In-person College of Engineering Lab Spaces
- Remote Access
- Citrix – Virtual Desktops and Applications
- Internet and Tech Access Resources
- Internet Access: https://keeplearning.osu.edu/tools/internet-access
- Tech Access: https://keeplearning.osu.edu/tools/tech-access
Ohio State Library Services During COVID-19
- CEGSP Handbook & Department Forms -- Resources regarding program-specific policies and requirements, as well as registration and graduation can be found here.
- The Graduate School -- In addition to providing academic information, the Graduate School site offers news about professional development, diversity initiatives, and upcoming events.
- Council of Graduate Students -- Council of Graduate Students (CGS) is the official branch of student government that represents every graduate student at the main and satellite campuses. The CGS website include information about ways to become engaged, the Hayes Research Forum, and various funding opportunities.
Graduate and Professional School Survival Skills Workshop -- A live workshop takes place the first week of classes in Autumn semester, but a Resource Guide, Strategies for Success (presentation slides), and a recording of the opening session are available here.
- Engineering Career Services (ECS) -- ECS assists engineering students with co-ops and internship opportunities, job searches, resume writing, interviewing, and other professional preparation. ECS also hosts career fairs and workshops on a variety of topics, from building a strong, Linkedin profile to negotiating salary and benefits with a potential employer.
- Career Counseling and Support Services
- EmPOWERment Program -- EmPOWERment offers PhD students the opportunity to pursue interdisciplinary training in energy-system modeling, data science, energy policy, business, legal, social-behavioral issues, and energy technologies to address the challenges facing a sustainable energy future. Opportunities include competitive fellowships, mentoring and advising, and experiential learning opportunities. Prospective and current students can learn more about applying to the program here.
Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Data-Driven Sustainable Energy Systems -- The Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization (GIS) in Data-Driven Sustainable Energy Systems provides graduate students with interdisciplinary training in energy-system modeling, data science, energy policy, business, law, social and behavioral sciences, and energy technologies.
Degree Enhancement Opportunities via Graduate School -- Graduate degrees can be customized with low-credit hour minors, specializations, dual and combined degrees, and certificates. Current graduate students can discuss with their graduate faculty advisor and graduate studies committee about enhancement options for their graduate degree and how it aligns with their research and career interests and degree completion timeline.
- Drake Institute for Teaching and Learning -- The purpose of the institute is to integrate and enhance teaching and learning efforts at Ohio State, and to elevate such work to the institutional level. Graduate students are able to participate in professional learning and teaching endorsement opportunities. More information is available here.
CEGE Graduate Student Travel Awards – Apply Now! CEGE graduate student awards are available once again to support graduate students presenting their research at professional conferences in their area of specialty. While COVID-related university travel restrictions remain in effect, students can apply for funds to defray registration costs for online/virtual conference participation only.
- Ohio State Council of Graduate Students Funding Opportunities -- CGS has always strived to support graduate students in pursuing their goals. To this end, CGS supports five funding sources: the Edward F. Hayes Graduate Research Forum, the Edward J. Ray Travel Award for Scholarship and Service, the Global Gateway Graduate Student Research Abroad Grant, the Engaged Scholar Grant, as well as the Career Development Grant program.
- Ohio Section American Water Works Association Scholarships
- Knauss Marine Policy Fellowship -- The Sea Grant Knauss Fellowship provides a unique educational and professional experience to graduate students who have an interest in ocean, coastal and Great Lakes resources and in the national policy decisions affecting those resources. The Fellowship, named after one of Sea Grant's founders and former NOAA Administrator John A. Knauss, matches highly qualified graduate students with "hosts" in the legislative and executive branch of government located in the Washington, D.C. area, for a one year paid fellowship.
- Disability Services
- Student Advocacy Center
- Multicultural Center
- Prayer, Reflection, and Medication Space -- We recognize that prayer, faith and quiet time is important for our faculty, staff, and students. Designated spaces are available on campus: Quiet Room at Knowlton Hall, Wellness Room at 18th Avenue Library, Space at the Ohio Union, Space in Arps Hall.
- Ohio Union Activities Board (OUAB)
- OUAB Grad/Prof -- Graduate & Professional Programming
- Off-Campus Housing
- International Students
- Student Health Services
Buckeye PAL (Peer Access Line):https://swc.osu.edu/services/buckeye-peer-access-line/
CCS Group Workshops (free, drop-in-when-you-are-able workshops. No registration is necessary, no prior appointment is needed. Open to students at The Ohio State University): https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5oRCf9ElE0iWH65
- Let's Talk -- Feeling overwhelmed and need to talk? Student Life’s Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS) has partnered with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) to expand “Let’s Talk” to be available every weekday, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. During a “Let’s Talk” session a CCS counselor will listen to your concerns and then provide strategies, give advice or suggest where to go next if your concerns require further attention. Students tell us that they develop new insights even after a brief conversation and would use this service again. To reserve your spot, just log on to go.osu.edu/letstalk and indicate if you would prefer to talk to a counselor over the phone or via Zoom. If your need is urgent, you should call CCS directly at 614-292-576.
- Engineering Technology Services -- Get technical assistance, find software, connect to College of Engineering computing resources, learn about Follow Me Printing, and more!
- Ohio State OCIO
- my.osu.edu -- Manage your Ohio State digital identity (username, password, email delivery, etc.)
My Buckeye Link Reference Guide -- My Buckeye Link is a secure self-service page that allows student to navigate to important tools and information, including personal contact information, course search abilities, scheduling tools, statements of account, financial aid information, holds and "to do" list items, and more.