CEGE Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
The Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering is pleased to officially announce the launch of the CEGE Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship. This fellowship will support undergraduate research in our department, with preferential selection of students who have already completed at least one year of research activities. One of the fellowships is earmarked for a student doing work with GIS (preferred) or a geospatial aspect. This fellowship can support an undergraduate student in any of our programs who works with these tools or techniques.
The fellowship provides:
- A stipend of $3500
- Advisors are encouraged to contribute an additional $553 ($500 stipend + benefits/fees) to supplement the provided stipend.
- Work on your undergraduate research this summer for 10 weeks at the equivalent of 38 hours per week.
- Participate in an interview, conducted by our Communications team to highlight your project in an article.
- Participate in a poster presentation at the end of the summer presenting on your research work and findings.
- Complete both an interim report and a final report with sign-off from your advisor regarding your progress on your project.
- Write a thank you letter to the donor.
Application deadline: February 15, 2020
A letter of recommendation from a faculty member is also required. A request for the letter of recommendation will be sent to the faculty member listed in the student's application materials.