Conference room use and policy
The primary purpose of conference rooms HI 410, HI 416 and HI426 is to provide space for the activities and needs of the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering. As time allows, requests for reservations from other groups/organizations will be honored on a first-come first-served basis. However, the following priority list will be used to determine who is granted reservations in the event that two groups request the room at the same time:
- Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering
- Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering recognized student groups
- College of Engineering administration
- Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering sponsors and industry supporters
- Others on a case by case basis
General Room Use Guidelines
- Groups must be free of unresolved issues related to prior use of the facility.
- Any event considered by the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering to be potentially harmful to the public image of The Ohio State University, the College of Engineering, or the department will not be granted a reservation.
- The Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering reserves the right to determine the potential harm to facilities and may reject said request.
- The scheduling of events will be based on facility availability and approval by the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering.
- The reserving group must leave the room in the condition it was prior to the event. The following checklist will be used after each event to determine if a cleaning fee will be charged:
- All tables and chairs are returned to the original positions
- Table tops and chairs are clean
- Carpet is free of visible dirt, trash, spills, and stains
- Trash is confined to waste receptacles
- Kitchen area is clean
- Floor is free of visible dirt, trash, spills, and stains
- Door is locked and room secured prior to leaving
- If room is not left is satisfactory condition, the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering will request billable cleaning services first from Facilities, Operations, and Development (FOD) or from an outside vendor if FOD cannot attend to the request in the time required. These charges will be passed on, dollar for dollar, to the responsible party.
- Groups reserving facility will be held financially responsible for any damages, maintenance, and/or repairs needed resulting from the event and will not be allowed to use space in the future.
- The Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property belonging to the members of groups utilizing the facilities.